Welcome to HaaHoos – the Pottery, Painting and Party Centre in Twyford
HaaHoos Update (Fri 27th Nov)
As the full lockdown is being lifted HaaHoos will be open again for in studio painting from Thursday 3rd December. However, with the new Tier 2 restrictions in place and to put the safety of all our customers first, we are encouraging painting at home using one of our Takeaway Boxes. We do recognise that some people will need assistance with their painting, for example those who require our help with baby hand and foot prints, so we will be offering a safe environment for those people with a limited number of staggered bookings and longer opening hours to ensure we are never crowded.
We will take bookings for tables of single households only and during our Pots and Pinot evenings we will only be allowed to serve alcohol to those ordering food; our Potter’s Platters or Pizzas.
We appreciate all the support our loyal customers have shown us throughout lockdown and continue to do our best to provide you with all the fantastic pottery creation services we are known for.
Our December shop Opening Hours are:
Weds 2nd : 10am – 5pm (collections and drop offs only)
Thurs 3rd : 10am – 10pm (In studio painting resumes) – Pots & Pinot Adults Only Evening 6pm – 10pm
Fri 4th : 10am – 8pm
Sat 5th : 10am – 6pm (Last order date for Outprints to be ready for Xmas)
Weds 9th : 10am – 6pm
Thurs 10th : 10am – 10pm – Pots & Pinot Adults Only Evening 6pm – 10pm
Fri 11th : 10am – 8pm
Sat 12th : 10am – 6pm (Last order date for Silver Jewellery to be ready for Xmas)
Weds 16th : 10am – 10pm – Pots & Pinot Adults Only Evening 6pm – 10pm
Thurs 17th : 10am – 10pm – Pots & Pinot Adults Only Evening 6pm – 10pm
Fri 18th : 10am – 8pm
Sat 19th : 10am – 6pm
Sun 20th : 10am – 4pm (Latest return date for Takeaway Box pottery to be ready for Xmas)
Mon 21st : 10am – 5pm (Last painting date for In Studio pottery painting to be ready for Xmas)
Tues 22nd : 10am – 5pm
Weds 23rd : 10am – 5pm
Thurs 24th : 10am – 1pm (Collections only, no In Studio painting)
Fri 25th : CLOSED
Weds 30th Dec : 10am – 2pm – Collection and drop offs only, no in studio painting. Pre order your Takeaway Box for collection via email.
Sat 9th Jan : 10am – 2pm Collection and drop offs only, no in studio painting. Pre order your Takeaway Box for collection via email.
Open again (with usual hours) from Weds 13th Jan
More info on our current offerings:
- Mini Takeaway Kits are available to purchase for customers who only want to paint small or singular pieces at home. These are also perfect to give as a Christmas gift! More info about these can be found here.
- Customers who have finished items to collect from us, please call ahead of coming so that we can have your items wrapped and ready for you.
- If you have a Takeaway Box to return to us, please bring it in during our extended opening hours. We will let you know when your pieces will be fired and will then be ready for collection again.
- We can still create commission pottery pieces for you so please call or email to discuss an order for personalised pottery, these could make the perfect Christmas gifts for your friends and family! We’ve got our personalised Christmas Eve treats plates for Santa and Rudolph. See more info on those here.
Our bright, airy and air conditioned studio in Twyford can seat up to 40 people. We have a welcoming atmosphere and free Wi-Fi and our friendly and helpful staff are an endless source of inspiration and ideas to help you create a masterpiece with minimum stress and maximum enjoyment. Within our studio we have several creative activities to choose from including pottery painting, and foam clay.
Pottery Painting – create wonderful, unique and timeless pieces on an item from our range of bisque ware
Foam Clay – is using bright neon coloured moulding putty to shape, roll, cut and stamp your design onto one of our ceramic pieces.
We also run birthday parties, toddler creative sessions, art clubs and workshops and our Pots and Pinot regular adult evenings are extremely popular. For any of our activities please book your table early to avoid disappointment.
Come and enjoy a chance for some therapeutic creativity. You and your children can create something unique and personal. It could be a gift or something just for you.
How does it work?
- For a table of guests wishing to do pottery painting, or foam clay we charge a studio fee of £5 per person to cover the studio time and materials you will use. Pieces to decorate are priced separately and range from £4 to £50.
- At your first visit you can join up to our Potty Painters Club which will entitle you to half price studio fees on all future visits when you show your membership card.
- Instructions and guidance will be given and our friendly staff who are always on hand to offer help and advice, as well as having a good range of examples to inspire your creativity.
- Your painted pottery items will be fired and ready to collect 3 to 7 days later. Foam Clay items can be taken away on the day
- We offer a selection of tempting treats to enjoy whilst you paint, delicious cakes, crisps, snacks and sweets alongside fantastic coffees, teas and soft drinks. We also have a range of great wine and beer in our cellar available to enjoy. These are available to order on the day from our menu.
Or if you’d like to enjoy pottery painting from the comfort of your own home, we offer Takeaway boxes to accommodate this. Simply pop in to collect a Takeaway box and purchase your pottery pieces from us to paint. Takeaway boxes have a box fee of £10 (for the equipment, paints, glazing and firing of pieces), a deposit of £10 (refundable once you have returned everything from the box to us) and the cost of the pottery items you choose. And you can have the box for up to 2 weeks so you can spend plenty of time completing your masterpiece! Speak to us for more info or to book your Takeaway box.
We also sell a range of non-ceramic gifts, and gift vouchers.
Customer notice: Please help the environment and bring your own bags, when you come to collect your finished pieces. We are no longer providing free plastic bags to customers, they will be charged at 5p each.