Welcome to HaaHoos – the Pottery, Painting and Party Centre in Twyford
HaaHoos is open for in studio painting again!
We are excited to announce that tables are available for painting in the studio on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (10am – 5pm) and Saturdays (10am – 4pm) again. Tables must be BOOKED IN ADVANCE. You can call or email us to book your table. Table bookings are limited to a maximum of 6 people per booking.
We have put some new procedures in place to help keep us all safe:
- Please put on a mask before entering the studio. Staff will also be wearing masks.
- We have reduced our table capacity to enable social distancing.
- You must book a table either by phone or email. We are not accepting walk ins. A £10 non refundable deposit is required when booking a table. We can take this as a card payment over the phone.
- We have a limited selection of times available each day to book. This allows time for increased cleaning between bookings.
- When you come in, please come inside and wait and a member of staff will take you directly to your table.
- Table service only. Stay at your table. A member of staff will bring you anything you need and be on hand to offer help and advise.
- 2 hour maximum time limit for painters.
- We can now also take baby hand and foot print bookings for pottery and outprints. Staff will be wearing face masks and shields whilst assisting with these prints. You must mention when booking if you require help with hand or footprints.
- DO NOT COME IN if you have any symptoms of COVID19, are at all unwell or have any family members at home who are unwell.
We are still offering takeaway painting and craft boxes for collection from the shop if you prefer to paint at home. Find out more info on that here.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the government policy restricting group sizes gathering together to a maximum of 6 people per booking (from Mon 14th Sept), at this time we are not offering booking for in studio party packages. We will review this change as and when the government policy changes.
We can still arrange Takeaway Party kits, either for groups painting in one location, or individual kits for party guests to paint whilst joining a Zoom call, so give us a call to discuss these options!
New Opening Hours:
Wednesday – Friday 10am – 5pm
Saturday, 10am – 4pm
CLOSED Sun – Tues
To ensure we can keep things easy and to avoid queues at the studio we would prefer for our customers to pre-order the takeaway pottery and craft kits by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) All information on what we have available is here.
Where possible we will encourage payment online or over the phone.
Our bright, airy and air conditioned studio in Twyford can seat up to 40 people. We have a welcoming atmosphere and free Wi-Fi and our friendly and helpful staff are an endless source of inspiration and ideas to help you create a masterpiece with minimum stress and maximum enjoyment. Within our studio we have several creative activities to choose from including pottery painting, and foam clay.
Pottery Painting – create wonderful, unique and timeless pieces on an item from our range of bisque ware
Foam Clay – is using bright neon coloured moulding putty to shape, roll, cut and stamp your design onto one of our ceramic pieces.
We also run birthday parties, toddler creative sessions, art clubs and workshops and our Pots and Pinot regular adult evenings are extremely popular. For any of our activities please book your table early to avoid disappointment.
Come and enjoy a chance for some therapeutic creativity. You and your children can create something unique and personal. It could be a gift or something just for you.
How does it work?
- For a table of guests wishing to do pottery painting, or foam clay we charge a studio fee of £5 per person to cover the studio time and materials you will use. Pieces to decorate are priced separately and range from £4 to £50.
- At your first visit you can join up to our Potty Painters Club which will entitle you to half price studio fees on all future visits when you show your membership card.
- Instructions and guidance will be given and our friendly staff who are always on hand to offer help and advice, as well as having a good range of examples to inspire your creativity.
- Your painted pottery items will be fired and ready to collect 3 to 7 days later. Foam Clay items can be taken away on the day
- We offer a selection of tempting treats to enjoy whilst you paint, delicious cakes, crisps, snacks and sweets alongside fantastic coffees, teas and soft drinks. We also have a range of great wine and beer in our cellar available to enjoy. These are available to order on the day from our menu.
Or if you’d like to enjoy pottery painting from the comfort of your own home, we offer Takeaway boxes to accommodate this. Simply pop in to collect a Takeaway box and purchase your pottery pieces from us to paint. Takeaway boxes have a box fee of £10 (for the equipment, paints, glazing and firing of pieces), a deposit of £10 (refundable once you have returned everything from the box to us) and the cost of the pottery items you choose. And you can have the box for up to 2 weeks so you can spend plenty of time completing your masterpiece! Speak to us for more info or to book your Takeaway box.
We also sell a range of non-ceramic gifts, and gift vouchers.
Customer notice: Please help the environment and bring your own bags, when you come to collect your finished pieces. We are no longer providing free plastic bags to customers, they will be charged at 5p each.