Welcome to HaaHoos – the Pottery, Painting and Party Centre in Twyford
PLEASE NOTE: From 1st October 2018 our studio opening hours will be changing to allow an earlier start on certain weekdays. The new hours will be Monday – Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Thursday – Saturday 10am – 6pm, Sunday 10am – 4pm.
To make the most of the earlier start we’re offering a free tea, coffee or fruit squash, to all painters who come in during our first hour of opening on Mon, Tues and Weds for the whole of October.
Drinks must be ordered before 10am, only one drink per painter.
Our bright, airy and air conditioned studio in Twyford can seat up to 40 people. We have a welcoming atmosphere and free Wi-Fi and our friendly and helpful staff are an endless source of inspiration and ideas to help you create a masterpiece with minimum stress and maximum enjoyment. Within our studio we have several creative activities to choose from including pottery painting, decopatch and foam clay.
Pottery Painting – create wonderful, unique and timeless pieces on an item from our range of bisque ware
Decopatch – is the art of decorating items with brightly coloured tissue paper and glue
Foam Clay – is using bright neon coloured moulding putty to shape, roll, cut and stamp your design onto one of our ceramic pieces.
We also run birthday parties, toddler creative sessions, art clubs and workshops and our Pots and Pinot regular adult evenings are extremely popular. For any of our activities please book your table early to avoid disappointment.
Come and enjoy a chance for some therapeutic creativity. You and your children can create something unique and personal. It could be a gift or something just for you.
How does it work?
- For a table of guests wishing to do pottery painting, foam clay or decopatch we charge a studio fee of £5 per person to cover the studio time and materials you will use. Pottery pieces and decoptach items are priced separately and range from £4 to £50.
- At your first visit you can join up to our Potty Painters Club which will entitle you to half price studio fees on all future visits when you show your membership card.
- Instructions and guidance will be given and our friendly staff who are always on hand to offer help and advice, as well as having a good range of examples to inspire your creativity.
- Your painted pottery items will be fired and ready to collect 3 to 5 days later. Decopatch and Foam Clay items can be taken away on the day
- We sell a selection of drinks (tea, coffee, fruit juice, soft drinks, wine and beer) and snacks (delicious homemade brownies, bowls of biscuits, crisps and sweets). These are available to order on the day from our menu.
Or if you’d like to enjoy pottery painting from the comfort of your own home, we offer Takeaway boxes to accommodate this. Simply pop in to collect a Takeaway box and purchase your pottery pieces from us to paint. Takeaway boxes have a box fee of £10 (for the equipment, paints, glazing and firing of pieces), a deposit of £10 (refundable once you have returned everything from the box to us) and the cost of the pottery items you choose. And you can have the box for up to a week so you can spend plenty of time completing your masterpiece! Speak to us for more info or to book your Takeaway box.
We also sell a range of non-ceramic gifts, helium balloons and gift vouchers.